Intel Semiconductor (Dalian) Ltd (Fab 68) is Intel’s first new fab at a new site since 1992 with the construction of F10 in Ireland and is Intel’s first fabrication facility in Asia. Intel’s Fab 68 is located in the Dalian Development Area, Dalian, Liaoning, China.
Fab 68 is Intel’s eighth 300mm wafer facility with initial production dedicated to chipsets that support a range of leading-edge products from laptops to high performance desktops to Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers.
Fab 68 is a $2.5 billion investment; construction began in September 2007; production began in October 2010.
Intel DL Fab 68 Yield Department is looking for highly motivated individuals with strong technical background and capabilities to join a 300mm logic chipset factory in Dalian, China. In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Participating in technology start-up, transfer, and ramp activities to meet yield, reliability, cost, and device performance goals;
- Driving and prioritizing integrated experiments to troubleshoot; optimize process flows and reduce defects
- Owning particular sections of process flow, and responsible for its optimization, cost reduction, and performance improvement goals;
- Maintaining and driving process qualification matrix and deliverables;
- Rapid response to process excursions and drive to quick integrated solutions;
- Analyzing electrical parametric and characterization data from process experiments
- Characterizing device structures to validate layout design rules and circuit performance goals
- Interfacing with process integration, Q&R, and Product Engineering to to improve cost and performance for the chipset technology
- Owning one or more integrated defect monitors and driving them to best in class performance
- Rapid response to process excursions and help drive to quick integrated solutions;
- Working with Process Engineering and Integration to improve process stability and capability as well as reduce defects;
- Monitoring Fab 68 yield performance and helping prioritize yield projects within the factory
- Monitoring Intel factory network yield comparison and driving yield matching and commonality analysis
- Supporting excursion task force monitoring critical yield issues and baseline improvement
- Performing yield prediction, and recommending yield improvement roadmaps and priorities to Process Engineering and Integration
- Owning deployment of yield analysis tools and methodology, and proliferation of analytical skills within the factory
- Owning the data automation capability and improvement for the factory yield systems
- Exercising good judgment, sometimes with insufficient data, to determine appropriate
- action and mitigate integrated risks;
- Sustaining and improving integrated process flow to meet cost and performance goals
Must possess a MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent semiconductor industry experiences. Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum 4 years of direct experiences in Fab process engineering and/or silicon integration organizations is required. Alternatively, recent college graduates with MS or PhD degrees in the relevant field might also apply.
- High level of technical contributions and a proven history of technical problem solving through the creation of solutions that demonstrated creativity and out-of-box thinking.
- Experience in manufacturing high volume ramp and process transfers is desired. Significant experiences in particular process flow sections are highly preferred.
- Excellent data extraction and analysis skills, and well versed in DOE principles.
- Understanding of device physics in deciphering parametric data, and understanding of fundamental integration and yield issues for key modules and critical device parameters are required
- Ability to multi-task and be effective in providing timely solutions, with an innate grasp of the 7×24 nature in Fab operations
- Strong organizational and communication skills to manage tasks across Process Engineering areas to effectively execute and commit to deliverables
- Conversational English skills and good written skills in English
Interested applicants, please apply online or email your resume to
tags: 300mm Wafer, Characterization Data, China Dalian, Circuit Performance, Dalian China, Device Performance, Device Structures, Fabrication Facility, Improvement Goals, Initial Production, Intel Engineers, Intel Xeon Processor, Layout Design Rules, Leading Edge Products, Liaoning China, Logic Chipset, Performance Desktops, Process Flows, Process Integration, Product Engineering