Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) is the pioneer of programmable logic solutions, enabling system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate, and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGAs, CPLDs, and HardCopy® ASICs in combination with software tools, intellectual property, and customer support to provide high-value programmable solutions to over 13,000 customers worldwide. Altera was founded in 1983 and has annual revenues in 2008 of US$1.37 billion. Altera is headquartered in San Jose, California, and employs approximately 2,700 people in 19 countries.
The Penang site houses the largest offshore R & D Technical Center and the Asia-Pacific Manufacturing office that employ more than 900 employees. Altera Penang has established itself as a premiere technical center in cutting-edge design, offering technical careers. The site has expanded to include a wide variety of engineering, marketing, and support functions.
For years, Altera has led the industry by leaps and bounds, simply by building on our competitive edge through our guiding belief – the company that gets to market first is usually the company that wins. Altera offers employees a dynamic environment, challenging projects, diverse ideas, and a team-orientated approach-a work environment that attracts many industry experts. Join us, discover and create your future in Altera
Layout Design Engineers, Advanced/Senior/Staff
- * Define complex layout floor plans (Chip Level Or Modules Or Analogue IP), enable layouts, and meet design specifications and intents.
- * Plan layout and verifications requirements with engineering, process and DA.
- * Lead and provide technical guidance to junior engineers on Chip integration Or IP layouts
- * Help to define, test, implement, document and update tools or processes or methodology.
- * BSEE or MSEE or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of extensive experience in VLSI layout design (Or Analogue IP).
- * Be an expert in layout tools (e.g. Virtuoso, SDX, or VXL) and other related EDA tools.
- * Understand shell programming languages (e.g. csh, Perl, etc) would be an added advantage.
- * Possess strong analytical skill and able to provide effective solutions to technical issues.
- * Able to communicate effectively with cross functional engineering group across different geographical sites.
We offer an attractive remuneration package,
excellent opportunities for career advancement and stock options.
Interested candidates are required to apply online.
(Please list all subjects of study in your text resume)
This position is based in Bayan Lepas, Penang.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Filed: Engineering
tags: Altera, Altr, Bsee, Chip Integration, Chip Level, Cutting Edge Design, Design Engineers, Dynamic Environment, Engineering Marketing, Junior Engineers, Leaps And Bounds, M Sdn Bhd, Manufacturing Office, Msee, Plan Layout, Programmable Logic Solutions, Programmable Solutions, San Jose California, Semiconductor Companies, Technical Guidance