Exit Poverty (Canada) seek a Business Development Manager/Assistant to play a major role in increasing its financial resources through large-scale fundraising efforts engaging a range of international donors. The Manager/Assistant will lead and coordinate internal teams across the globe to deliver on the goal of raising significant income from bilateral and multilateral donors, other organizations, foundations and charitable trusts and host country governments. The role is varied and offers the opportunity to be involved in donor relations, internal strategy development, project design, proposal and budget preparation and follow through and internal capacity building and strengthening.
We seek a talented individual with proven skills and experience in securing significant funding from bilateral and multilateral donors with a particular emphasis on CIDA, USAID and Worldbank. This position is ideal for someone with Experience on bilateral donor fundraising or for someone with directly relevant, senior level experience in a new business development team in an international non-profit.
Location of placement in Ontario, Canda
Provide donor intelligence and identify new funding opportunities
- Identify, pursue and successfully capitalize on funding opportunities among major funders
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities for Exit Poverty.
- Network with donors active in the Exit Poverty focus sectors and gather intelligence on up-coming funding opportunities;
- Work with senior management to develop action plans for new business opportunities.
- Lead or facilitate the development and writing of successful funding proposals and budgets as agreed with Regional and Country Directors. This will involve leading or facilitating proposal development teams that include Country Directors, Ottawa-based programme support teams and technical advisors.
- Lead or participate in the development of proposals and budgets submitted in partnership with other organizations where Exit Poverty is either the primary applicant or a sub-contractor.
- At least 3 new, multi-million pound contracts secured as a direct result of high-quality materials, proposals and budgets.
- Ensure positive and strong donor relations
- Ensure the highest possible level of service to donors: Ensure co-ordinate communication with donors and partner NGOs among Exit Poverty teams in Ottawa, technical teams, Country Directors and their teams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with donors: This could include representing Exit Poverty at meetings, conferences and workshops, networking with other NGOs, and working with Country Directors and their teams, and other Exit Poverty teams
- Experienceand Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience gained in international development, preferably for a multi-site international organization.
- Successful track record of securing multiple high-value contracts from bilateral and multilateral donors, trusts and foundations. Specific experience securing significant funding from at least one of the following required: CIDA (strongly preferred), Worldbank (strongly preferred).
- Significant expertise in all areas of new business development including strategy, forging partnerships including negotiating teaming agreements, project design, logframe development, proposal writing, budget development, managing donor and other partner (e.g. NGOs) relationships and project reporting. Two years experience in a directly relevant role preferred.
- Significant experience in securing high-value contracts from bilateral donors (with a strong preference for CANADA government agencies), multilateral donors, and foundations and trusts.
- Significant experience in leading and co-coordinating all aspects of the new business development process, from relationship building to project conception to submission to contract. This includes developing complex technical/narrative and cost proposals.
- Directly relevant experience in leading and/or participating in the development of proposals and budgets submitted in partnerships with other organizations as either the primary applicant or a sub-contractor.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in international development
Note: Assistant position based on proposed (contingent on award). If you want to apply please send your CV and Resume to email@example.com or check here for get details.
5 Volunteer Positions Available :
We also have 5 Volunteer Business Development Assistant position for those with 3 years with development experience, position to pay based on results, perfect for some with full time position but would like to be compensated and make more than their current full time job. Business Development Volunteer Position is not location sensitive but prefer near Ottawa Canada.Filed: Finance
tags: Bilateral Donor, Budget Preparation, Business Development Manager, Business Development Team, canada jobs, Canda, career Exit Poverty, Charitable Trusts, Country Governments, Design Proposal, Donor Fundraising, Donor Relations, Exit Poverty, Exit Poverty career, Host Country, International Donors, jobs Exit Poverty, Level Experience, Multilateral Donors, New Business Development, New Business Opportunities, ontario jobs, Poverty Focus, Proposal Development, Proven Skills, Strategy Development